Thursday 29 April 2010

Team members' presentation - Christina Fotinopoulou


Let’s start with the basics. I am a runner, more specifically a mountain runner and this is most probably what I will remain to be. This one time though, maaaaany maaany years ago, (I think it was on 2005) I participated in a multi race called “Pindos Challenge”.

This race included mountain running, mountain cycling and kayaking. I need to highlight the fact that throughout the race the rain was pouring, I got humongously lost twice, I was attacked by wild shepherd dogs in the middle of nowhere and finally I finished first woman in the individual category and got a cup since I was the only woman that completed the specific category.

It was at that time that I came to love cycling, however I did not get the chance to practice my inexhaustible talent. Thus, last year, when I found out that, cyclists from all over the world would cycle for charity from Milan to Dusseldorf I decided that I had to participate. Following the successful completion of this difficult task I decided this was not enough and I had to do it again this year, so I started training since Christmas. If you speak greek you can read my adventures in the magazines mbike and Runner and in my personal blog, http://xristin.blogspot.com

Ever since, I am looking for roads to practice and races to finish last. Wish me best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment