Sunday 25 April 2010

Team members' presentation - Fragkiskos Vellis


I started cruising in the city roads with my bicycle, back on 1984. I stopped on 1990 but started again on May 2008! My target was to improve my fitness and to have fun. I soon got "stuck" with road cycling and especially with long distance cycling. Since January 2009 I systematically practice (or should I say train on) road cycling.

I participate in brevet (cycling events of at least 200 km without external help), I train on beautiful roads of Attica and neighbouring areas and - through this hobby - have made new friends, improved my physical condition and get closer to nature.

Last year's participation (GBI 2009) was a unique experience. The sense of accomplishment and the pursuit for the maximum amount to be collected for the SOS Children Villages, made me feel joy, pride and inner satisfaction. My participation in GBI 2010 has high expectations in all aspects:
  • Charity: To collect over 10,000€ as Greek team (with Vodafone Greece additional support) for SOS Children Villages of Vari
  • Cycling: To cover around 1,000 km in the 8 days of the event, with some of these days containing 200 km stages with tough climbing
  • Tourism / Fun: To cycle in some of the most beautiful courses of Czech Republic and Germany, getting the opportunity to visit small villages and cities and to experience every day lives of the locals. I just hope to find the time to take many beautiful photos, to bring them home and have lots of things to remember! 

No comments:

Post a Comment