Monday 26 April 2010

Team members' presentation - Manos Gkiokas





Leaving out my childhood, when cycling was one of my favourite extracurricular activities, I took up cycling in 2007.
I took up mountain biking which requires not only being fit but having certain technical skills as well since off road biking associates with the ability to overcome obstacles of any kind while maintaining your balance.

In the first year my performance improved so much that I was able to take part in mountain biking races with an increased level of difficulty and reach the finishing line with dignity.

After that I decided to take up road biking as well. Having three mountain bikes already, in the beginning of the year I got my forth bike (a racing bike). I participated with this specific bike in 3 brevets 200, 300 and 200 km respectively.

I am ready to take part in this year’s biking initiative (Global Biking Initiative 2010) cycling from Prague to Düsseldorf, crossing over 1000 km in 8 days, aiming to raise money for SOS Children Villages.

No comments:

Post a Comment