Monday 26 April 2010

Team members' presentation - Dionysis Alevizakis

My athletic story starts back in 2004, when I met - in my work environment - the person who would significantly change my life from then on. Without even understanding how, I slowly transformed from the cafeteria and beer guy I used to be, into an addict for outdoor athletic activities of all kinds.


It started off with climbing and buying my first bike didn't take long. It was at the end of 2006 that I bought my first mountain bike and - naturally - friends were skeptical ("at this age?", etc.). On May 2007 I participated in my first triathlon race - again under the inducement of a colleague and had my first contact with a road bike. In that race, I participated with a bike I had borrowed just a week before but the feeling of speed on a road bike convinced me that I should have one of my own. Since then, I have riden thousands of kilometers on my bikes, doing relaxed rides, training or participating in races. 


After last year's trip (Milan - Dusseldorf), which I found a personal physical and psychological test, I am happy to participate for a second year and - again - try to raise charity money for the SOS Children Villages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment